|Link to web site|
"The Thames Estuary at Hoo peninsular offers the space for a future international hub:
- Sufficiently far away from built-up residential areas for 24h operation
- Sufficiently close to large number of existing rail and road transport corridors
- Level brown field and flood risk land
- Surveyed by English Heritage."
"The core proposals will be complemented by a number of related infrastructure initiatives, leveraging the core Thames Reach Airport proposals:
- 'Eastern spine' – upgraded East coast mainline via LTX to Channel tunnel to form part of a national single homogeneous network with gauge and electrification for continuous through services – see Why AirRailHub
- New rail services linking Essex and Kent
- Stansted to Ebbsfleet (HS1) rail service.
- Flood defence for London
- Tidal power generation with pump storage
- Dartford crossing relieve
- Ancillary Housing development
- Eco data centre – Powered and cooled by water
- Utility way leaves via LTX – Water, Power, Data
- Relocation of bird sanctuary."