Community Infrastructure Levy Consultation
Start date: 03 October 2016
End date: 25 November 2016
What is the Community Infrastructure Levy ?
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)is a levy that local authorities in England and Wales can charge on new developments in their area. The money generated from CIL can be used to pay for a wide range of infrastructure including:Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS) documents
Section 106 agreements will continue to be used in conjunction with CIL, to secure affordable housing and site specific mitigation measures.
- community facilities
- health and leisure facilities
- emergency services.
Subject to certain exceptions, the OPDC CIL rates will be applicable in the following circumstances: where the net increase in floorspace (gross internal area) of the development is at least 100 sqm, or it involves creating one or more new dwellings, even where this is below 100 sqm where a vacant building is being brought back into use where the proposed use is identified in OPDC's CIL charging schedule as a chargeable use You can find out more by reading the Government’s National Planning Practice Guidance.
The types of infrastructure that may be funded in whole, or in part, by CIL are set out in a document referred to as the Regulation 123 List.
The types of infrastructure the OPDC CIL may be used to fund are set out in the draft OPDC Regulation 123 List and as Appendix 2 of the OPDC Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule. Comments on the draft Regulation 123 list are welcome as part of our consultation, starting from 3rd October 2016 to 25 November 2016.
On 21 September 2016, the OPDC Board agreed that the CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS) and background documents (including the Development Infrastructure Funding Study Viability Study and the draft Regulation 123 List) be published for public consultation.We want to hear from you!
OPDC is inviting comments from interested individuals and organisations on these documents. The consultation period will run for eight weeks from 3 October 2016 to 25 November 2016.
The Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule and supporting documents are:
If you have any questions regarding these documents, or would like to discuss any aspect, please attend one of the consultation events or contact OPDC directly on 020 7983 5542 or email.
- OPDC Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
- Draft Regulation 123 List, Old Oak Park Royal Development Corporation, May 2016. (Appendix 2)
- Community Infrastructure Levy Viability Report & Community Infrastructure Levy Viability Addendum Report, Deloitte Real Estate, April & August 2016
- Development Infrastructure Funding Study, Peter Brett Associates, March 2015
- Old Oak and Park Royal Draft Local Plan, Old Oak Park Royal Development Corporation, November 2015.
- The London Plan, The Mayor of London, 2015
- Local Plans for Hammersmith and Fulham, Brent and Ealing.
- Development Capacity Study, Old Oak Park Royal Development Corporation, February 2016.
If you would like to view the hard copies of the OPDC CIL related documents mentioned above, they are available to view at:
- Acton Town Hall Library, High Street W3 6NE
- Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0AF
- City Hall, Queens Walk, London SE1 2AA
- Ealing Council Offices, Perceval House 14/16 Uxbridge Road W5 2HL
- Hammersmith Town Hall, King Street W6 9JU
- Harlesden Library NW10 8SE
- Old Oak Community Centre, Braybrook Street W12 0AP
- Shepherd’s Bush Library, 6 Wood Lane W12 7BF
We're keen to involve the community in the development of CIL and are therefore holding a number of consultation events so that you can find out more and share your priorities with us. Three community workshop sessions are being held on:
Responses can be made on our short questionnaire or by direct comment either by email or posted to:
- Tuesday 18th October - 10:30am-12:30am Co-Club The Perfume Factory, 140 Wales Farm Rd, North Acton W3 6UG
- Wednesday 2nd November - 6:30pm-8:30pm City Mission, 2 Scrubs Lane College Park, London NW10 6RB
- Wednesday 16th November - 6:30pm-8:30pm Co-Club The Perfume Factory, 140 Wales Farm Rd, North Acton W3 6UG
CIL PDCS Consultation
Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation
The Queen’s Walk
London SE1 2AA
Comments must be received no later than midnight on 25 November 2016.
Register to attend a CIL consultation